At Coffee Dog believe in community involvement and in supporting local, state, national and international organizations and charities. Coffee Dog is a proud supporter of many charities and educational groups, including the following:
Bastrop Area Charities:
- The Family Crisis Center – Coffee Dog provides auction items and coffee for the “Festival of Trees”, the annual fundraiser for the Center. Coffee Dog has created a special “Festival Blend” for the charity and donates 20% of the sale of each bag of coffee to the Center.
- The Bastrop Animal Shelter – Coffee Dog is a member of The Friends of the Bastrop Animal Shelter and donates time and money regularly to the group and the shelter.
Support for Other Bastrop Area Groups:
- The Children’s Advocacy Center
- Bastrop Pregnancy Resource Center
- Downtown Business Alliance ()Yesterfest + Veteran’s Classic Car Show
- Burning Pine Run
- The Bastrop Public Library
- Bastrop Little League
- The Bastrop Food Pantry
- Bastrop Kiwanis Club
- Bastrop Pink Santa
- Spirit of Rosanky Jubilee
- Cedar Creek Family Festival
- Friends of Lost Pines State Park (support for the Bastrop and Buescher State Parks)
- Bastrop ISD Band Booster Club
- Cedar Creek Middle School (annual sponsorship/fundraising for PALS fields trips)
- Bluebonnet Elementary (sponsorship/fundraising for equipment and educational needs)
- Lost Pines Elementary (annual fundraising for educational needs)
Austin- Based Charities:
- Gazelle Foundation (building clean water projects in Burundi, Africa). Coffee Dog is a major sponsor of the “Run For The Water” 10 mile/5K race in Austin each year, which is the Foundation’s primary fundraiser. Coffee Dog donates to the Foundation 20% of its profits on the sale of Burundi coffee beans all year.
- The Trail Foundation (for the care of Lady Bird Lake Trail)
- The Care Communities (support for persons living with AIDS in Austin)
- ASHA for Education (education of children in India)
State and National Charities:
- Food for the Hungry – support of its humanitarian efforts in Africa.
- Direct Trade – Coffee Dog will be working with FH to hopefully begin to purchase coffee directly from Burundi cooperatives of farmers supported by Food for the Hungry in the near future. This will give the Burundi farmers more income from their coffee crops and a better wage.
- The ASPCA
- American Heart Association
- American Cancer Society
- National MS Society, Lone Star Chapter (sponsorship of BP MS 150 bike ride each year)
- World Vision – support of its humanitarian efforts worldwide
Coffee Dog is a regular contributor to many local and area fundraisers each year, donating brewed coffee, and also merchandise, gift baskets, and gift certificates for door prizes and drawings. Coffee Dog also sponsors runners, walkers, and bike riders in their charitable fundraising efforts.